This was absolutely amazing. I hope I’m as awesome as she is when I’m her age!
I love Michael Swaim’s raps…They’re always so intelligent.
Ah the trials and tribulations of every high schooler in an english class…Somehow I understood the Bard’s words…
Amazing. I totally would have watched this movie.
This particular pound cake is from the Edwardian era of England. An era now becoming very famous thanks to the success of the PBS television show Downton Abbey. When the cooks of the Abbey made this particular pound cake it was served at breakfast, usually with some heavy cream or Devonshire cream and fresh fruit. If it was served at High Tea, it was simply sliced and placed upon platter. It is not as sweet as most other pound cakes and actually has a much lighter texture.
Ingredients needed to make Edwardian Marmalade and Buttermilk Pound Cake (makes 1 cake):
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Into a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and beat until you have a batter.
- Beat in the buttermilk and orange marmalade until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and even out.
- Place in the oven and bake 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack until ready to slice and serve.
They used to have cake for breakfast.
Well, I know what cake I wanna make next.
But I always have a hard time finding buttermilk. >_<
You can make your own buttermilk! Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to your milk and voila! Buttermilk! :)
GAME OF THRONES!!! Whatttt??!?!? If I could have taken a picture of my face when the thing happened…oh man. Would that have been amusing!!
Now I definitely don’t know what’s happening!
And I am very paranoid of weddings now. Thanks GoT!